If we collect personal information about you we want you to know why we are collecting it, what we are going to do with it and how long we will hold on to that information as well as other people we may pass that information on to. If you have any issues or concerns then please get in touch with us. Our details are below.
When you visit or use a website, weblog or other electronic medium enabling access to, or is a part of, the world wide web that is owned or controlled by McEntegart Legal Limited (“McEntegart Legal”), McEntegart Legal may require certain details from you including personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”)). The information may also include, without limitation your company or business details, your name and email address. This policy is in relation to these details and any other personal data that McEntegart Legal subsequently collects from you or about you or any other third party (collectively “the Information”).
McEntegart Legal considers your privacy and that of our clients, customers and contractors to be very important and this policy sets out the reasons for requesting and using the Information.
Use and Disclosure of Information
McEntegart Legal will use the Information in a variety of ways, some of which will assist and enable us to provide our services. This may include for example McEntegart Legal contacting you directly in response to your request for a brochure or to monitor the services provided to you or our clients and customers and contractors and to inform you of our products and services relating to you or the Information provided by you and publishing certain Information that has been provided to us on certain pages of McEntegart Legal website. The Information that McEntegart Legal requests or holds allows us to contact you, to inform you of our products and to promote our services as well. For example we may contact you to inform you of our latest children’s activity products, our colouring stations, wall boards, chairs, mobile units or our pens and crayons.
McEntegart Legal reserves the right to report any activity which McEntegart Legal suspect violates any relevant laws or regulations to the appropriate authority. If McEntegart Legal is requested by such authority for the Information, McEntegart Legal reserves the right to disclose it to them.
Warranties and Indemnity
You represent, warrant and undertake to McEntegart Legal that:-
- 1. You have fully complied with the Act in all respects in relation to the Information;
- 2. In providing the Information to McEntegart Legal for the purposes detailed above you will not in any way be in breach of the Act;
- 3. Where applicable you have informed and shall keep informed any third party (including without limitation any employees, partners, contractors, directors or shareholders, collectively the “Relevant Individual”) of all information you are obliged to provide under the Act (e.g. the fair processing of information) including without limitation:
- 3.1 the identity and contact details of McEntegart Legal;
- 3.2 the specific pieces of personal data relating to them you are providing to McEntegart Legal;
- 3.3 all purposes for which McEntegart Legal will process (as defined in the Act) their personal data; and
- 3.4 the potential disclosure of their personal data by McEntegart Legal to third parties and the likely consequences of such disclosure as detailed above.
- 4. You have obtained fully informed express written consent from the Relevant Individual to the provision of his/her personal data to McEntegart Legal and to all of our uses and disclosures of his/her personal data including without limitation consent to the disclosure to third parties who may use it for unrelated purposes; and
- 5. You will inform McEntegart Legal immediately in the event that a Relevant Individual at any point removes his/her consent to or in any way complains about the provision of his/her personal data to McEntegart Legal and/or to any or all of McEntegart Legal uses and disclosures of his/her personal data. You shall indemnify and keep McEntegart Legal and its directors, trustees, associates, employees and agents fully indemnified against all actions, claims, proceedings, costs and damages (including without limitation any damages or compensation paid by us on the advice of its legal advisors to compromise or settle any claim) and all legal costs or other expenses arising out of any breach of the above representations, warranties and undertakings or out of any claims by a third party based on any facts which if substantiated would constitute such a breach.
Keeping our records accurate
McEntegart Legal aims to keep all Information it holds as accurate and up to date as possible. If you would like to review or change the Information you have supplied to us, please contact McEntegart Legal as set out below. McEntegart Legal will store the Information in accordance with its obligations under the Act. You acknowledge and accept that McEntegart Legal shall not be liable for any errors or delays in or to the accuracy of any Information provided by you or any of our clients, customers or third parties.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer hard drive.
Cookies are used for the following reasons:
To ensure that your subscription details are correct;
to ensure that items are placed into your shopping basket and orders are processed correctly;
to identify our customers when using our websites;
giving us site usage information, to help us improve and develop the products and services we offer.
You will need to ensure your cookies are enabled which will allow you to register your details and to purchase from our site.
You can disable the cookies application from your computer.
All Information will be kept as confidential and as secure as possible through the use of [our secure server software. This means that Information can only be exchanged between you, McEntegart Legal and any third party to whom McEntegart Legal decides to transfer the Information to for the purposes detailed in a McEntegart Legal website or our documents. Furthermore as required by the Act, McEntegart Legal follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of the Information that you have given to McEntegart Legal so as to prevent unauthorised access.
McEntegart Legal uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of the Information including without limitation “firewalls”. McEntegart Legal treats the Information as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorised access. McEntegart Legal employees and relevant contractors use many different security techniques to protect the Information from unauthorised access by users inside and outside McEntegart Legal. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the internet.
Under the Act you are entitled, on the payment of a fee, to be given by us a description of all personal data McEntegart Legal holds about you, the purposes for which this is being processed and the recipients to whom this may be disclosed. You also have the right to have communicated to you in an intelligible form the information constituting the personal data and any information available to McEntegart Legal as to the source of that personal data. If you require any further information on this point please contact McEntegart Legal using the contact details below. You will not be entitled to information regarding any other person.
McEntegart Legal reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of this policy from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied policy on our website. After such posting you will be deemed to accept such variations. You should visit this page periodically to review this policy and our terms and conditions because they are binding upon you.
In the event that any term of this policy is held to be invalid, unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that term shall be deemed severable and the remainder of this policy shall remain valid and enforceable. No waiver of any term of this policy shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
This policy shall be governed and construed by the laws of England.